Saturday 21 April 2012

Neil Zlozower - Rock Photographer

For the website www.maytherockbewithyou.com, a couple of years ago now I had the pleasure of talking to one of the rock photographers who has had the biggest influence on me as far as photographers go... 



“Even today I try and get things as 99% right as possible. Paul Stanley phoned me up to talk about doing the shoot for his solo album “Live To Win”. I said “Paul have you got a makeup artist you want to use?” and he goes “Neil I don’t need a makeup artist, we are going to get everything retouched afterwards anyways”. I said “Paul don’t you want to start off with the very best possible image to begin with, why fix it in the mix?  That’s just not my mentality on how I work, you have to get everything as perfect as possible to start with. When I get hired by an art director, they come to me because they know what I can do and that they will have that much less work and time involved in Photoshop”. 


In the rock n’ roll business for more than 40 years, photographer Neil Zlozower has watched more than his fair share of rising stars from behind the camera. Having also spent significant time with the likes of Motley Crue, Ratt and Van Halen, as they made their way to the top of the charts, “Zloz” got to know the behind-the-music business of rock long before VH1. Beginning his career as a glorified fan, Zlozower has gone on to become one of the most sought-after photographers in the biz and his book releases thus far as displayed on this page are testimony to this. 


Giving up a most generous 1 hour of his time, the conversation I had with Zloz was a truly killer insight into the world of rock n roll photography and rock n roll itself! 


As well as reading this interview from start to finish, we also highly recommend you check out Zloz’s book releases as featured below, and discussed during the interview!


http://maytherockbewithyou.com/mtrbwy/2010/01/neil-zlozower-rock-photographer/


No comments:

Post a Comment